Astrosilver is an elegant mica coated cover available in seven embossed, and one smooth finish. The mica coated surface interacts with the embossed patterns to bring your printed images a sparkling warmth not seen on ordinary coated papers. The reverse side of Astrosilver is matte-coated and ideal for text, solids as well as 4/C printing
Size: 27.9” x 39.75”
M Weight / Caliper:
81 lb cover C1S (220g): 348/ 11pt
Sheets per pack:
Greeting cards, business cards, book covers, inserts, shopping bags, menus, luxury packaging, folders, calendars, prestige publications, brochures, and direct mail advertising
Printing and Converting Processes:
- Silk Screen
- Foil Stamping
- UV Varnish
- Die cutting
- Paper should be fully acclimated in its original wrapping to pressroom conditions of 70° – 75° F with 50% relative humidity.
- Twenty-four hours is recommended and slightly longer during cold weather.
- Use fully oxidizing inks adding a maximum of 3% Grafo Drier
- Add specific water-soluble drier to the fountain solution.
- Run water at a minimum with a pH of 5-6
- Use a spray powder (particle size 20+ microns) when printing both sides. When only printing one side use a particle size of 30+ microns. This prevents set off and allows oxygen to enter the stack.
- For aqueous coating, please consult with your ink manufacturer.
- Small lifts are recommended
- The use of an IR oven helps drying time.
- Always score before folding. With multiple folds, the primary fold should be in the grain direction.
Available Embossing Patterns:
Astrosilver Info Sheet