MOONDREAM, an innovative and technically fascinating paper that becomes translucent when heat and pressure are applied. Moondream is also suitable for printing, scoring, folding, and embossing with excellent results.
Size: 28.3″ x 40.2″
M Weight / Caliper:
95 lb text (140g): 227 / 9 pt
89 lb cover (240g): 388 / 14 pt
148 lb cover (400g): 647 / 23 pt
Sheets per pack:
95 lb text (140g): 100 sheets
89 lb cover (240g): 50 sheets
148 lb cover (400g): 50 sheets
Greeting cards, business cards, book covers, inserts, shopping bags, menus, luxury packaging, folders, calendars, prestige publications, brochures, and direct mail advertising
- MOONDREAM is suitable for offset printing. For best results use fully oxidizing inks.
- It is advisable to use a primer and to minimize the amount of water used during printing.
- Thermography is not recommended for use with MOONDREAM.
- In order to obtain the transparent effect, use the hot stamping technique at a temperature of 285-300ºF with a pressure slightly higher than generally used for this type of conversion.
- During this process some fibers may migrate to the image area. Therefore, care should be taken to ensure that the die is kept clean at all times, in particular when fine text or details are involved.
Moondream Info Sheet