Plastic-Like– the pleasure from touch! Designed for the world of graphics, this surprising and artistically innovative product provides a great tactile sensation. Plike Text and Cover weight papers are made from Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) pulp that comes from responsibly managed forests. Plike gives printing results that cannot be achieved with uncoated papers and is available in white and thirteen expressive colors. An instruction sheet with directions to obtain the best printing and converting results can be found in every package of paper
Size: 28.3″ x 40.2″
M Weight / Caliper:
95 lb text (140g): 227 / 6 pt
63 lb cover (170g)**: 275 / 7pt
122 lb cover (330g): 534 / 14pt
Sheets per pack:
95 lb text (140g): 125 sheets
63 lb cover (170g)**: 125 sheets
122 lb cover (330g): 50 sheets
**Available in White only
Greeting cards, business cards, book covers, inserts, shopping bags, menus, luxury packaging, folders, calendars, prestige publications, brochures, envelopes, and direct mail advertising
Envelopes are available in A2, A6 and A7
Printing and Converting Processes:
- Silk Screen
- Foil Stamping
- UV Varnish Die cutting
- Plike is sensitive to humidity and should be stored in a dry place.
- Keep paper wrapped in original moisture proof barrier paper a minimum of 24 hours prior to processing and slightly longer during cold weather.
- Paper should be allowed to acclimate to pressroom conditions of 70° – 75° F with 50% relative humidity.
- Fan paper prior to printing.
- Run in short lifts, no higherthan 8 inches is recommended.
- Use fully oxidizing inks (high solid/low solvent) with a maximum of 3% grafo drier.
- Run water at a minimum with a pH of 6.0 or below.
- Add specific water-soluble drier to the fountain solution.
- Use a 20/30 micron spray powder for two sided printing and 40/50 micron for single sided printing. This helps prevent set-off and allows oxygen to enter the stack.
- Spray nozzles should be tested to insure even coverage.
- Run ink film density and water at minimums.
- Drying times may be slightly longer.
- The use of an IR oven often helps drying time.
- For heavy ink coverage wait 24 hours minimum between press runs.
- Heavy ink coverage will affect the tactile feel of Plike but not the performance.
- Consult with your ink manufacturer for varnish or aqueous coating applications.
- Re-wrap product in original moisture proof barrier paper between applications.
- We do not recommend stacking pallets of this paper.
- Water based adhesives should not be used.
- Always score before folding. With multiple folds, the primary fold should be in the grain direction.
- When Foil Stamping remove any excess foil dust and particles. Slip sheeting the final pieces at every stage is recommended.
- Loose shrink wrap when required is recommended.
95 lb text: PLKPNK140
122 lb cover: PLKPNK330
95 lb text: PLKPAB140
122 lb cover: PLKPAB330
95 lb text: PLKORA140
122 lb cover: PLKORA330
95 lb text: PLKROB140
122 lb cover: PLKROB330
95 lb text: PLKPUR140
122 lb cover: PLKPUR330
95 lb text: PLKBLA140
122 lb cover: PLKBLA330
95 lb text: PLKBLU140
122 lb cover: PLKBLU330
95 lb text: PLKIVO140
122 lb cover: PLKIVO330
95 lb text: PLKBOR140
122 lb cover: PLKBOR330
95 lb text: PLKBRO140
122 lb cover: PLKBRO330
95 lb text: PLKGPH140
122 lb cover: PLKGPH330
95 lb text: PLKRED140
122 lb cover: PLKRED330
95 lb text: PLKGRE140
122 lb cover: PLKGRE330
95 lb text: PLKWHI140
63 lb cover**: PLKWHI170
122 lb cover: PLKWHI330